Saturday, June 15, 2013

Getting Back To Dysfunctionally Normal

                                                   October 31rst, 2012

     Eve and I spent the night together in her apartment last night, I was nervous as hell about being there, with all the shenanigans that went down when her wallet was stolen three weeks ago. The lady who stole her wallet and cleaned out her checking and savings account was picked up by the cops a few days ago. The way the cops described it to Eve the accused also had a bunch of other peoples stuff stashed in her room at the local women's shelter. That made me feel a little better about being in her apartment again. I can only imagine how pissed her sponsor must have been to find out it wasn't me after all. I've done some terrible shit in my lifetime, but I'm not a thief. Eve's primary divorce hearing is scheduled for today at 2pm, so last night was a bit of a critical moment for us to be together. I truly feel that it was meant to be. For one thing my higher power keeps putting her directly in my path. After last night I feel like we're really, finally, moving in a congruent direction. Maybe not on the same path, but headed in the same general direction. Strange coincidences aside. Strange coincidences like yesterday. I gave plasma in the early morning and was walking back to downtown, halfway there I was waiting at a stoplight when I decided to check my phone to see if Eve had called or text. She had not but when I looked up she was sitting there in her car, right in front of me at the stoplight I was waiting for. She waved me in and unlocked the door, I buckled my seat and we drove to a park on the edge of town. It was very serendipitous. If you believe in a higher power then you have to believe that, whatever you interpretation of that power is, it acts on and through everyone and everything around you. For me and Eve it certainly seems keen to act on us through each other. And why not? We talked in the park, held hands, took a walk, cuddled a little on a bench, basic couple stuff. Afterward we went back to her place, I cooked dinner and we watched a movie. Still nervous about being at her place, but her divorce hearing is today and I know she needed me. All things considered it was a great day, all you can do is hope for the best and hope that your day is hoping for the same.   

No comments: