Tuesday, June 4, 2013

AA Ought Never Be Organized

                                        October 28th, 2012

     Attended the sponsorship lines 'Spiritual Retreat' meeting last night before the Saturday night speaker meeting, before the NA/AA Halloween dance. I text(ed) Al at one point;

     "Having a really great day, hope you are as well. I will be in AA functions from now until midnight. How's that for recovery??"

     The planning meeting was horribly disorganized, but hey we're alcoholics, being disorganized is kind of our thing. I don't really know what we figured out about the retreat. I did hear Miguel say that the older members of the line were going to have to step in and try to get the event back on track. One of our line has recently left our line, evidenced by the lack of his presence at our planning meetings. Some sort of communication breakdown/disagreement with his sponsor, which is kind of ironic since the theme of our retreat this year is 'Relationships in Recovery'.

     Then after we figured out what we figured out... there was pizza and soda and I felt a little bad not having any money to contribute to the cost. Eve showed up shortly after our meeting ended to hang out with me before the Saturday Night speaker meeting and to give me the crack she made me. 'Trisha Yearwoods Crack' it's a terribly high calorie desert item with saltine crackers, dark chocolate and caramel. Not rocked cocaine but still quite the sugar rush. Eve also returned my 'God was my copilot, but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him' T-shirt. We're the most together we've ever been, funny how that came about from being apart for a week.

     The speaker meeting was good, it was Peach speaking. Eves sponsor was actually nice to me but I suspect it was just smokescreen. I was a little taken aback nonetheless. Basically in regard to one another and our said rights in seeing each other Eve and I have told our respective sponsors to back off. Peach said something about being transparent, I heard Eve giggle and I had to suppress a guffaw of my own. Terrible, terrible inside joke. Maybe I'll journal about it sometime.

     At the dance I talked to Meadow about World of Warcraft for a while, Eve said later that she picked up on a certain tension between us. Meadow is still playing World of Warcraft, she has two main characters, one being a Worgen Druid.

      Eves costume was a Gothic Raggedy Anne, I went as 'The Iron Fist' on a casual day, which consisted of green corduroy pants and a green silk shirt with some black dragons embroidered on it. I didn't actually have a costume, but me dressing up at all is as close to a costume as it gets these days.

     I felt somewhat snubbed by my old clique, I'd like to re-engage them and bring Eve with me but the whole clique thing in AA/NA seems unhealthy to me anyway. Still I can't isolate myself with her at meetings and functions, that's not healthy either. It's hard because I don't get to see her as often as I'm used to and we're still following her son's rules about not having me in the apartment. Her sponsor made a back handed comment at my expense as we were leaving. She told Eve;

" If you're gonna hang out with him, do it at his place." She said. Which is hilarious to her I guess because I'm homeless. Ha ha.

     After that we fled the scene together and parked by the lake for a good two hours. Again the words just exploded from our mouths and fought for room in the small vehicle. We still have so much to say to each other, I hope that never changes between us. If you ever make out with someone who is wearing fake tattoos on their face, just be aware that before too long you will be wearing fake tattoos on your own face.  

No comments: