Monday, May 27, 2013

Step Two For Life

                                               September 17th, 2012

     Had a pretty good day today. Started of choppy but then I realized some things that made it better. Said things came to me in a roundabout way but... whatever it takes right? I was reading about Step 2 in the 12 and 12 when slowly a seed was planted in my brain. The higher power concept isn't just for your drinking it's for your whole life. You can't nurture a spirituality just for the sake of sobriety, you have to grow it like a plant. You have to prune it when it gets unruly, you have to water it when it becomes dry and brittle. But most importantly you have to take care of it for your whole life, your whole world, or it will wither and die. Just not drinking doesn't make you sober, and being sober (physically, mentally, and spiritually) won't fix your life. You have to be sober AND make decisions, AND actually DO THINGS. You have the right things to fix your life, or in my case just find a life. It has to 'Pop!' new and fresh everyday. I was stagnant for a while, fell back on some of my old ways. But now I know their still there, now I know that I can fix them.

No comments: