Friday, May 10, 2013

Rest and Relaxation... Sort Of

                                    August 15th, 2012

     Having spent the last two days at my friends house I feel well received and better rested than I've felt in a long time. I did some dishes, cleaned sparingly, washed a load of laundry and caught up on Season 7 of Supernatural. Watched 'Thor' (maybe for the first time, not sure, I may have seen it once when I was high as hell last year... can't really remember), and Captain America for the second time. Liked 'Thor' better than I thought I would and 'Captain America' about the same. The ride to Indianapolis went fast this year, I slept part of the way and we only stopped twice on the way down. Bitching was kept to a minimum and we managed to check into our hotel room by 1 PM, which is probably a new personal best for us. We hung out at 'The Whistle Stop' for a drink ( I had cola) and a brief conversation with the bartender on duty. Afterward we walked further downtown and ate at a restaurant called 'Ali Babba's' some of the best Greek food I've ever had... at least I think it was Greek. I had Falafal and part of a Gyro. Someone complained about the Tikazi sauce being too chunky though honestly I wondered how they considered themselves such an expert. All in all it was nice to have a meal with my oldest friends again. I got to sleep in a bed tonight, but somehow misplaced my earplugs and underestimated my former roommates amazing snoring ability. I wouldn't normally complain since I've been sleeping in a homeless shelter for the past eight months, but this dude snores like a drunk lumberjack that passed out on a bear he just fucked and left his chainsaw running. Not to mention that I woke up half-spooned by the guy. Going to stay up for a while, see the convention hall and then snag a few hours of sleep while everyone is out of the room checking out the exhibit hall. Went to 'Steak and Shake' for an early lunch and found a press on nail in my water. Won a game of 'Shootin' Ladders' but that's about the most exciting thing that happened so far. Trying not to worry about what I'm gonna do with my life when I get home and go back to being homeless. Catch myself thinking about Eve and wondering how she is. Wish I had a phone to call her with.

No comments: