Friday, May 10, 2013

A Sudden Calm

                                                               August 13th, 2012

     Eve is home and resting now, she had her doctor fill out a note to her landlord so that Melanie from the homeless shelter could stay with her for two weeks. Eve's son Pat was less than thrilled with the idea. Melanie and Eve have had their ins and outs and basically Melanie is a good person but her character is somewhat untrustworthy in my opinion.

"She's Sketch." as my sponsor 'JP' would say.

     Pat met me at the door of Eve's apartment, we got along fine. I've gotten along with all of Eve's family so far. Her grandson was there I talked to him for a bit, he's really into Modern Warfare 3 and is considering joining the army when he gets older. I gave him the 'Army Strong' bracelet I found on the sidewalk last week. Pat and his family left shortly after I arrived and I had another 'heart to heart' with Eve. Turns out a large chunk of change appeared in her bank account recently. She thinks it's either her social security 'backpay' or an egregious bank error. For her sake I hope it's social security. either way she has to move it or spend it or the rent in her subsidized housing will skyrocket. The goal is to keep Melanie from finding out so she can't take advantage of it. Today I leave for Indiana to spend a week with my friends, I have a bad feeling about leaving Eve in Melanie's hands. Despite that today feels good I'm at the coffee shop now waiting for my friend to scoop me up and take me back to my hometown so we can set out early for Indianapolis two days hence. I can't wait to see him, and I can't wait for him to see me, physically I'm a much different creature than the last time we hung out. Physically, mentally, and hopefully spiritually. An hour and a half from now I'll be on the road and the adventure begins!

No comments: