Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Is Raising Your Neighbors Taxes A Sin?

                                                           October 16th, 2012

     Can't afford to be afraid anymore, especially of anyone in the program or the program itself. Things with Eve are good right now, we don't want to lose each other. Don't know where the relationship stands in the long run, and it doesn't really matter that I don't know and that's a good frame of mind to be in. I ran into 'MG' this morning mortaring a door frame for a local church. I didn't know it was his church, hopefully my comment about how that particular church seems to be growing like cancer didn't offend him. My sponsor and I have talked about this church before, great to see it expanding but every building that it takes over in the downtown area gets removed from the tax base, which causes all the other businesses down there to pay more property taxes to pick up the slack. Not a very Christian thing to do to already struggling businesses in my humble opinion. Many things have been missing from my life lately, my meetings, my workouts, my shelter companions and my social life at the coffee shop. My good life here... I want it all back. Add to it some rock hunting on the river and some morning meditation and I'm pretty much set. Things are good, hopefully they'll get even better.

No comments: