Saturday, May 11, 2013

Gencon Saturday Retrospective

                                                          August 21rst, 2012

     Saturday rolled around way too fast, which points again to my 'time dilation' theory earlier about Indianapolis. Saturday night found my at the 'Gencon Ball', watching 'JB', 'Jaygee', and 'BM' shell out an obscene amount of money for an abundance of mixed drinks. I opted for water, 'CL' and 'SW' opted for the strip joint, sneaking off without telling anyone where they were going. Not that I would have went anyway, too much fun watching 'JB' get smashed off of one and a half mixed drinks. I am so glad my friends aren't alcoholics. Went outside to smoke and ended up watching 'BM' try to help a drunk girl who was crying on the sidewalk. Does this happen at every party, every where? It's not a true celebration unless a drunk girl is crying on a curb somewhere. Talked to a young lady spinning some practice poi near the dance floor briefly. I have some friends who spin fir so I knew what she was doing;

 "Do you spin fire?" I asked her.

She stopped spinning the practice poi and laughed in a slightly intoxicated manner.

" God no, haven't you been watching me? I'm terrible at this." She went back to being terrible and I went outside for another cigarette where I watched 'BM' assessing another super intoxicated individual curbside who looked like he was 'rolling'. Shortly afterward 'CL' and 'SW' mosied by the front of the building and told us they were going to Steak and Shake. Most of our evenings / early morning at Gencon end in Steak and Shake. The shakes are awesome, the frisco melt rocks my world, it's inexpensive and open 24 hours a day. All of which in my mind makes Steak and Shake the official restaurant of Gencon. Even though 'BM' hates it because he's a vegetarian. I tried being a vegetarian for a while, twice in my life, once for my health and once for my Buddhism. I might try it again someday but I really enjoy eating meat,    

No comments: