Saturday, May 11, 2013

Back To Reality

                                              August 21rst, 2012

     Sunday is always a sad day at Gencon for me, but I pitched my board game idea to a total strange when I was outside smoking and he really liked it. Even directed my to a booth in the exhibit hall for a company that produces custom board games for amateur developers. Glad to be going home though, even though I'm homeless it still feels like 'home'. It made me realize how many connections I've made this last year and how many great people I have in my life that I really care about. I hung out with Eve my second day back, she bought me a tracfone that triples whatever minutes you put on it. If I drop 80$ for a 450 minute care it will triple it to 1350 minutes, which is insane, especially for me because I haven't owned a phone in a such a long time. Found out today that getting into the Technical College at this point is a complete bust or at least nearly impossible. Despite being told this by the school I scheduled an appointment with a student adviser next Thursday at 1 PM. No school means no student money this fall which means I need a job... like yesterday. Or I'll possibly have to spend the winter living with my mother down south, which is something I've seriously been trying to avoid. I love her but... i guess I'd rather be homeless than live with her. I could probably live with my Grandmother for a few months, but she lives practically in the middle of nowhere and I have neither a license nor a vehicle and no way to see the people I care about here. So tomorrow I'm going to another Temp Service that I haven't tried yet and after that The Great Job Hunt continues. But honestly I'm fucking sick of looking for work, I've filled out piles of applications at this point and gotten two calls for all my trouble. I just need something, anything, so I can find an apartment and get the fuck on with my life. All my friends are getting married and having kids and I'm here... homeless, alone, and unemployed. Today I met a hippy chick with monkey legs braiding bracelets on the bench outside the coffee shop. Try saying that ten times fast. She told me she's from Missoula Montana where she works for a homeless shelter, the best homeless shelter in her words. Apparently homeless people migrate to Missoula to take advantage of their services. Is the universe slapping me in the face... should I take my plasma money and hop a train for Montana? I've fought so hard to stay here, to be close to my friends. I don't want to leave Eve either. I feel like no matter where I go I'm still fucked... and if that's the case I'd rather stay here. 

No comments: