Saturday, May 11, 2013

Gencon Friday Retrospective

                                                 August 21rst, 2012

     Met a girl with blue hair named Charis sitting in the Westin Skywalk. Charis is an Anime Cosplayer and this is her first year at Gencon. I remember when I was in highschool if you mentioned the word 'Anime' to a girl you were usually rewarded with a blank stare. Now there are droves of women that make a hobby out of dressing up like their favorite Anime characters and hanging out at conventions. My how the world has changed.

     I sold the 'Mottled Drake' loot card for a 120$ to a vendor in the exhibit hall and used the proceeds to purchase another 15$ box set from the 'IceScourge' expansion. Out of that box I pulled another Loot mount, the 'Wooly White Rhino' which it turns out... is a 200$ Loot card. 'CL' says I must have a Horseshoe stuck in my ass. Sold this one for 110$ to the same vendor. So after that I was sitting pretty comfortable on cash which took a lot of stress off me for the return trip, my share of gas money etc. I used some of the cash to buy and armload of WoW cards having flashbacks to the days when I played Magic the Gathering and spent almost every spare cent I had on acquiring more cards. No more Loot Cards presented themselves though. 

No comments: