Friday, May 31, 2013

All Plans Subject to Change

                                                  Still October 23rd, 2012

      My thoughts were a little scrambled when I was journaling last night, not to say that scrambled thoughts are a rarity in my life, but I used to have more focus for my journal. It will return in time , I suspect, especially if I get back into the habit of doing it regularly. This journal has helped me maintain, sharpen, and re-sharpen my writing skills. To that end I have acquired a copy of 'Writer's Express', a grade school creative writing textbook. I have it stashed in my duffel at the moment. I figure one assignment a day should be enough to garner a tangible improvement in my writing. To sharpen my spiritual focus I have a copy of 'A Western Approach To Zen' by Christmas Humphreys. A solid hour of meditation everyday should help me stay on 'The Path', which is what I've started calling Buddhism. I think Gautama would be pleased with that, I also think he probably wouldn't be fond of people calling his spiritual insights 'Buddhism'. Just a feeling. For my jewelery / geology interests I am reading 'Precious Gems of North America' of which their are several editions. The author of which was the chief 'gemologist' for Tiffany's Precious Stones in New York. It's a good source of information, what's what about gemstones, where to find them and what they are worth. There is also a fair bit of strange lore about the gemstones, as in folklore. I dig it. For my alcoholism and recovery purposes I am re-reading the Big Book and the 12x12 while updating and re-exploring my 4th step inventory. Trying to do my 3rd and 7th step prayers everyday in the mornings this week. For my job-seeking I have all the ability and opportunities in the world, I just need to grab onto to something and drag it to me. To that end 'Labor Day' and 'Xpress' both have my application on file.

     All plans subject to change. 

Through all this distraction... I still miss her. For that ache in my heart... all of this. 

No comments: