Friday, June 21, 2013

Reconnecting

                                   January 24th, 2012 12pm

     Still me, still sick, almost over it though. Becky took me out for Chinese and bought me some blistex for my dry cracked lips. I'm grateful. We're getting a storage unit and I'll take over the payments when I get some income. I did not go to a meeting yesterday and probably won't go to one tonight. I'm okay with it though, it still sucks, I get a high from the meetings. If I feel better tomorrow I'll hop over to plasma, then over to the coffee shop for some job hunting. I have to accept that ANY job will do for now, but damn it would be nice to have a job I actually enjoyed. Maybe I'll ask The Universe what's up tonight. I'm going to write a letter to my grandmother , she's been asking me to write her for a long time now, practically every time I see her in person. She also told me that she's going to die this spring. Need to contact my mother too and let her know I'll be staying here instead of moving in with her. Need to call my sponsor after 3pm. Good thing I have this government tracfone, or none of that would be getting done. I'll take it easy tonight and get a fresh start tomorrow. Becky started school today, I hope it went well. i should call my uncle too. On top of that I should do my taxes tomorrow.

     Dear Grandma,

     Hope you're not dead, how's the house? Much the same I imagine. Life in the city is good, much better now that I moved out of the old apartment. I'm staying with an old friend right now. it's been a rough month, but I've lost some more weight and joined Alcoholics Anonymous last week. I've been ill for a few days, but I feel strong and hopeful for the future for the first time in a long time. Also I have a bunch of new friends and that feels awesome. Thank you for the Top Tobacco you gave me at Christmas, very very grateful for that. Always nice to have cigarettes when you're broke. Especially since they are my only vice right now. Moving into a new job soon and then into my own place for the first time ever. It's a rent controlled low-income apartment near the local Shopko. Hopefully my application gets approved before Becky gets sick of me crashing on her couch. My room mate didn't pay internet this month so I didn't have a phone for most of the month. I have a cellphone now, I've included the number, give me a call sometime. I have a cold that's kicking my ass right now, hope this letter finds you well, or alive at the very least.

                       -Love Max  

No comments: