Saturday, May 11, 2013

Rumblings In The Ether

                                                           August 24th, 2012

     Had a meal with Eve yesterday. Pork chops, green beans and parboiled potatoes slathered in butter. Eve can cook! She can also worry. Chief among her misgivings is the limited interaction she's been having with her first sponsor. Eve says her sponsor told Melanie from the shelter some of the personal details about her drinking. She also feels 'set up' because her sponsor told her she doesn't believe that Eve is an alcoholic. I don't trust Melanie but that's from a long list of other shit that has nothing to do with right now. Apparently someone has been telling lies and starting rumors about me at the homeless shelter. Supposedly I sell pills and I'm having an illicit affair with one of the employees at the shelter. Oh and supposedly it all started because of a wager I made with another homeless person that I could sleep with said individual before they could. All of which is shit. Eve admitted that Melanie was the one who told her all of this when I pressed for more details. None of any of it is even remotely true, but it bothered me. Especially considering the source of the information. Melanie is trying hard to squeeze every resource she can out of Eve as if having a place to stay for two weeks while Eve recovers from her surgery hasn't been enough she now wants Eve to tell her doctor to write a note saying she should stay longer. Melanie also uses Eves car and has been using it basically the whole time I've been out of town. She was also forcing Eve to take the pills the doctors gave her for anxiety, even though they were making her feel sick and zombified. She called me two days ago, I advised her to flush the pills down the toilet. I got to the shelter twenty minutes after 8 last night, got to stay but would of had to sleep on the floor of the sitting room on a blanket but Danny left for some mysterious reason and I ended up getting a bed for the night. I would have gladly slept on the floor rather than outside. The nights are getting cold here now. With about four blankets and a sheet under you the floor is actually pretty comfortable, I've done worse. Big Sam asked me for a cigarette this morning and I told him that in light of how much of my tobacco has been going to other people lately I'm not longer bumming anyone my smokes. Tried to read some of more 'A Western Approach To Zen' by Christmas Humphreys, but after a few more pages I lost interest and just played 'Castle Defense' on my new phone for a hour. My mother gave me a copy of 'The 4-Hour Work Week', maybe I'll crack into that tonight. 

No comments: